Meet the 2018-2019 School Council Members !
Meet the 2018-2019 School Council Reception Advocates and Volunteers !
Each year representatives of every class form the School Council which meets at least every three weeks.
In September prospective councillors write a speech which they deliver to their class; children then vote to choose two councillors.
The School Council aims to support the work of the school by raising money and ensuring the voice of the children is heard and used when planning for the future.
Councillors have received training on ‘the rights of the child’ and take their roles very seriously.
Over the last two years the council has:
Regularly raised money for charities and for School Council
- Been consulted and have chosen the colour schemes of KS1 and KS2 toilets
- Published a joke book
- Reviewed school policies
- Been involved in consultation events citywide
- Funded the installation of a bicycle rack
- Bought scooters for lunchtimes
- Chosen and purchased wet playtime games